Monday, December 31, 2012



--HOPE TO SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE
 

…Happy New Year!  I hope 2013 is your best ever.
Today is the fulcrum, a good day for reflection as well as for looking to the future.
There were some great moments and achievements in 2012, yet the year left me wanting.  I wasn’t nearly as productive as in the past.  In fact, toward the latter part of the year I was a lazy ass.
Have you made your New Year’s Resolutions?  I have.  Apparently I am going to be industrious, healthy and agented.
My list is very similar to other years, and I think that’s okay.  They key, of course, is staying on track.

…This afternoon I’m going to see “Life of Pi.”  I’m on a quest to see all the films that will likely be nominated for Best Picture.
I read “Pi” a few years back.  It was a struggle for the first 100 pages, but I remember the ending being hysterical.
Should be interesting.

…Here are some thing to ponder as we sit on the cusp of a new beginning:

"Always laugh when you can.  It is cheap medicine." Lord Byron

"Sometimes, watching a movie is a bit like being raped." Luis Bunuel

"Though my problems are all meaningless, that don't make them go away." Neil Young

"When you go to a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges." Jack Handey


"You can win a girl with a poem, but you can't keep a girl with a poem. Not even a whole poetry movement." Roberto Bolano

"Don't believe everything you think." Dr. Lance Sobel

 "He who smiles rather than rages is always the stronger." Japanese proverb

 "A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner." English proverb

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." Ludwig Wittgenstein

 "It is a fine thing to have ability, but the ability to discover ability in others is the true test." Elbert Hubbard

"The archer knows the target.  The poet knows the waste basket." Ron Akron

"Happiness is essentially a state of going somewhere, wholeheartedly, one-directionally, without regret or reservation." William H. Sheldon

 "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." Confucius

"If we all said to people's faces what we say behind one another's backs, society would be impossible." Balzac

-“Everyone takes everyone for granted.”
-“Discharging semen is an unbeatable sensation.”
-“He made every effort to remember a time when he was not just the sum of his urges.”
-“He wondered what kind of life he might have had if he had paid attention from the beginning.” – Joshua Ferris

 

No comments:

Post a Comment