Sunday, December 4, 2011


--IF THERE'S NOTHING MORE TO SAY, THEN WHY ARE WE STILL DOING THIS?


…It’s foggy out this morning. I can scarcely see the lake. The lake looks like a see through cloud with a bit of a belly.
I like the fog. It’s mysterious and soothing in a spooky sort of way.
It reminds me of George Washington crossing the Delaware River on Christmas Eve.
It reminds me of my favorite TV show when I was a kid, one called, “Dark Shadows” a soap opera well ahead it’s time about vampires and werewolves and witched, soon to be major motion picture starring Johnny Depp.
Fog reminds me of secrets and journeys.
I have some secrets. Don’t we all?
And in a couple of hours I will be going on a journey midway across the state. Perhaps I’ll tell you about it when I return. If not, I’ll keep it a secret.

...For now, here are some things to enjoy on a Sunday:

"In art, one idea is as good as another." Wilem de Kooning

"It makes me so sad to be happy." Spalding Gray

"A heart in love with beauty never grows old." Turkish Proverb

"To the weight of our affliction will be the weight of our reward." T.D. Jakes

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." Michael Jordan

“I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you.” Frida Kahlo

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own
way." Christopher Darlington Morley

"The idea is to write it so that people hear it & it slides through the brain and goes straight to the heart.” Maya Angelou

"There is no great genius without some touch of madness" Lucius Annaeus Seneca

"It's better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you're not..." Kurt Cobain

"Slowly it dawned on me that they saw what I saw and that we are all alike and that I've had some investment in being special and now I have to face the fear and realization that I am basically like all the rest; a lost confused human being." Spalding Gray

"The only thing worth writing about is the conflict in the human heart." William Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment