Tuesday, April 19, 2011


ALL OF THESE PEOPLE BELOW ME HAVE BETTER SKIN AND KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWERS

…I have two new poems, "The River" and "The Night It Ends" up at Calliope Nerve and also here under "Words in Print."

…I've been listening to:
The Head and The Heart
Nicki Minaj
The Frames
The Mountain Goats
Ezra Koening
Nick Drake
John Legend
John Legend is one sexy beast. Holy crap.

…I just got a prompt with the title "The Man Who Wore White Denim" and a few restrictions and so I wrote a story straight through in ten minutes and sent it off. We'll see.

…In the bath tub yesterday I wrote five poems and started two stories. They were all pretty good.
I have a lot of poetry in me. It's like blood cells. I can spill some and it'll reproduce more. I have too much poetry. I never know what to do with it, where to send it.

…People on Facebook are funny. They forget that they're real.

…I read Rachel Glaser's collection, "Pee on Water," yesterday. It's phenomenal. So quirky and funny and just very, very brilliant. You should buy her book. Really. You'll be glad.

…I am stretching now. I am reaching out both arms, both hands. I am an extended tree. My branches want to go where the sun hangs yet they follow the wind. Whichever is mightier wins. The wind is light, like me, but it wins whereas I don't.
In the tops of trees the breeze makes ocean sounds, or maybe it resembles a lonesome lion sending distress signals.
If I could be anything, I'd be the wind.
Wind can fly or float, cover great distances, eavesdrop, make different noises, stir things up, be mischievous, sooth, settle, distort, disrupt, aid and abet, enable, encourage, pelt and push, pull, propel, provide a place for our senses to extend.
When I step outside of this place, the first thing I'm doing is sending a wish into the wind. Let me know if you get it.

...I like these things on a Tuesday:

"there are cons to every gift." megan moira

"A poem is a naked person." Bob Dylan

“Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met.” - Any Mouse

Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of timewith them.-- Unknown

Do what you love to do, and do it so well that those who come to see you do it will bring others to watch you do it again and again.-- Mark Victor Hansen

I haven't seen you in the daylight in a long time. You look beautiful. "Welcome to the Rileys."

I have enjoyed life a lot more by saying "yes" than by sayings "no".-- Richard Branson

Try not to become a man of success. Rather try to become a man of value. -- Albert Einstein

Success is like being pregnant; everybody congratulates you but nobody knows how many times you've been f***ked

“Though honey is sweet... do not lick it off a briar” Carrie anne

No comments:

Post a Comment