Friday, February 25, 2022

 —I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU

  

From Sex Education, Part Two of Three

 

 

You remind me of joy. Only joy.

 

Nothing feels right when I’m not around you.

 

I know what you mean about shutting off. I do it when I’m hurt or don’t quite fit in.

 

--I’ve been an absolute shit.

--Me, too.

 

I had some stuff that I needed to think about. It was new to me.

 

Oh, Sweetheart, I don’t think anyone understands love.

 

Is it all inside my head?

 

You shouldn’t ever give someone the power to humiliate you.

 

Yeah, I have a problem with trust. But I want to try.

 

I hate him, because I love him. 

 

There’s a first time for everything.

 

So, I was thinking we could be each other’s Mum.

 

People deserve your whole heart.

 

Don’t know why there’s no sun up in the sky.

 

I just said, “I love you.” Why are you laughing?

 

It’s too hard to tell where I end, and where my father begins.

 

I’m going to kiss you, okay?

 

Love is a murderer…And love is a curse…But I can change. 

 

There. That’s what it’s supposed to feel like.

 

She’s going to love me, I swear it.

 

I’m an evil genius.

 

I can change, I can change, I can change, I can change, if it helps me feel real love.

 

You can talk to me about anything, you know?

 

We only get one chance to do our first time. So, we should try to get it right.

 

Liking someone is pretty close to loving someone, don’t you think?

 

This is a safe place.

 

Your repugnance is palpable.

 

No, no. It’s not goodbye. It’s see you soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment