Wednesday, December 29, 2021

 —I SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY JOURNAL THAN I DO MYSELF

   

Bob Ross: Happy Accidents, Betrayal and Greed

 

  

This is the highlight of my life, spending time with you.

 

To me, the first step in accomplishing anything is to believe that you can do it before you start.

 

Talent is a pursed interest.

 

We don’t make mistakes. We have happy accidents.

 

Paint anything. Paint what makes you happiest.

 

You didn’t know you had so much power, did you?

 

I hunt with a canvas.

 

With a canvas I can do anything. I have endless freedom and there are endless possibilities.

 

It takes a special woman to live with a crazy person.

 

With success, you just move onto the next thing. With mistakes, or happy accidents, you have to really work to correct the flaw, and that’s where all the growth and learning happens. And it’s wonderful.

 

That’s the most fun part about painting—taking out your hostilities and frustrations.

 

By the time a kid gets to be 12 or 14, if they hear some negative feedback, they almost always give it up.

 

I realized I could take these emotions I had and turn them into something beautiful.

 

It’s amazing what you can do with a two-inch brush.

 

This is a day you can just be cozy, and things change around you if you want them to.

 

Every day is like a painting. It’s a gift.

 

If Bob saw an injured animal he’d do everything he could to save it.

 

He wanted to make people feel that they were valuable.

 

Bob liked the thrill of watching a new student smile.

 

His joy and love just illuminated a room.

 

It’s not like he wanted to scare people, he wanted to thrill them.

 

He was always speaking with this liquid tranquilizer voice that was very sexy. 

 

Even if you’d never met him in person, he was like a best friend.

 

After his wife died, his paintings got darker. I don’t think he was even aware of it, but your mood affects your art.

 

I don’t think my father had any idea of the impact he had on people. Even when he was hugely famous, he never really knew.

 

After he died, everything changed. I thought about life and death and everything in between

 

No comments:

Post a Comment