Monday, December 13, 2021


—DO YOU EVEN HEAR YOURSELF?

  


…The truth is, those lyrics were nothing special, but they got to me anyway.

 

…The truth is, those pop-up ads also get to me, sometimes.

 

 …Endurance is a totally under-appreciated ability.

 

…There are situations and events that not even the most adept philosopher can make sense of.

 

…Songs that can make you cry are the best songs ever written. Just sayin’.

 

…Being dizzy is no fun at all, especially when you’re on a ladder trying to unscrew a lightbulb in a cramped bathroom.

 

…We’re going to get over this, because we have to.

 

…The closest thing to me right now is a space heater, desperately trying to warn me about something.

 

…Everyone has their own definition of what love is. But I suppose you could insert any old noun.

 

…I keep scribbling my life away, and it feels really good to be doing that.

 

…If you reboot, things are almost always a little bit better.

 

…The first time I came up over the ridge and saw Big Sur, I thought I’d encountered heaven.

 

…Sometimes people should turn their Fix It gene off, and just pay attention. Just listen for a few minutes.

 

…The loudest thing you hear at 3am is (…)

 

…Books have brought me so much joy. But the best of them have left me crumpled and wondering.

 

…When you’re by yourself a lot, it’s best to be a good listener, even when what you hear isn’t what you want to hear.

 

…Hearing the word Uncle before my name is one of my favorite things in the world.

 

…“A place for us. Somewhere a place for us.” Yep. RIP Stephen Sondheim, and thank you.

 

…Three cups of Joe, before the sun shows itself, is a sign that the day will go (…)

 

…Sometimes it’s those menial hindrances that want to eat you for breakfast.

 

…Sunrise or sunset? I pick the latter. You never know what color pattern you’re going to get.

 

…The moon astounds me, but people who are funny confound me so much more.

 

…Sometimes the walls in my office start rattling, like a woodpecker doing its work. I’ll bang and bang, but that rattling carries on, leaving me unnerved.

 

…I keep thinking I need to form new habits. And by new, I mean better.

 

…It’s interesting how getting older allows your phobias to get bolder.

 

…“People should smile more.” Newton Faulkner. (Isn’t that the truth?)

 

…This time of year, it’s easy to understand why many people hate capitalism.

 

…Some of the people who had the biggest impact on my life had no idea they did, and that’s on me.

 

…I want to believe social media is real just like I want to believe Santa’s real. Like I want to believe the best is yet to come.

 

…I wonder what Lucy would say about all this.


No comments:

Post a Comment