Friday, October 4, 2024


 —MAY YOU GROW UP TO BE RIGHTEOUS, MAY YOU GROW UP TO BE TRUE

 

 …Sleep doesn’t sound like much, until you can’t.

 

…“Are you mad at me? Because it seems like you’re mad at me.”

 

…Two things can be true at the same time.

 

…It’s good to be missed, and to know about it.

 

...It’s still very difficult, in case you’re wondering.

 

…It’s nice to know you were amazing once. Something to cling to when it gets a little dark out.

 

…If you saw this document I’m writing on you would laugh your ass off, or else call 911.

 

…There are moments when I wonder if it’s even possible to get that lonely.

 

…Sometimes, when someone asks you, “What are your plans this weekend?” it’s an honest probe, yet it makes you buckle nonetheless.

 

…One thing I don’t ever want to discover is blunt force trauma.

 

…Sometimes, what you imagine and what happens, cannot be more polar.

 

…That could have gone either way.

 

…Someone’s gotta throw a flag, right?

 

…--“What’s all that sighing about?

--“If I could articulate it, I’d tell you.”

 

…If it doesn’t matter, well, that’s a problem.

 

…And, so, this is a good idea? Why again?

 

…What am I looking for, exactly?

 

…It must be really hard being perfect, but if you’re perfect, you probably don’t even realize it.

 

…All those passwords written down—I hope someone, someday, finds them. Or not.

 

…When someone says, “I don’t mean this as a criticism,” it’s usually followed up with a pretty critical assessment.

 

…The system isn’t perfect. Bad guys somehow win all the time.   

 

…I’m sorry/not sorry, but the guy’s a fucking lunatic. There’s no getting around it. 

 

…Just don’t blow it. Please?

 

…If you don’t read the whole message, the entire thing can get obliterated pretty easily.

 

…What is life like out there?

 

…The neighbor’s dogs keep leaping off the dock, yet I’m still here somehow.

 

…It took me all this time, and I’m just now up to fall of 2020, such a happy era.

 

…More than love or missing, I’ve come to decide it’s really attention that matters the most, and listening is the key.    

 

…Well, if you don’t know the right words, maybe that’s your answer.

 

…I think the reason for a broken relationship is one person not recognizing their responsibility.

 

...Show, don’t tell. That’s all I need to know.

 

…Good or bad, the question is always: What’s the motive?

 

…What the hell was that?

 

...When you really need a friend, and they show up without your asking, that’s as good as it gets. 

 

…It’s time to find a new way to medicate my feelings, and has been for some time now.

 

What was this even?

 

…How can I expect you to understand when I can’t even understand it myself?

 

…Counting down the minutes seems like a losing proposition at this point, don’t you think?

 

…It’s funny, the things we stop caring about.

 

…Whatever you do, let the right one in.

 

…Maybe no answer is the right answer.

 

…You can’t get it back. But those were good times, and you were in it, and it meant something, so in a way you still have it.

 

…Just for the record—I think I sigh a lot. Whatever that means.

 

…I’m trying to learn to let go.

 

Hope you’re doing okay!

 

…Sometimes I just want to blame the pain on it.

 

…“Make good choices!”

 

…Where did all of those spots come from?

 

…Wow. I was good this time.

 

…It can be difficult, but sometimes you have to realize that it’s their shit, not yours.

 

…What a year this has made of me so far.

 

…I’ll bet you’re feeling all shiny and new, and though I sound like a Hater, I’m actually really happy for you.

 

…I always wonder about the mindset of a person who attaches a flag, or many, to the back of their vehicle. I mean, I know they want to be noticed, but what were those moments of instillation like? What kinds of things were they saying to themselves?

 

…“When the road looks rough ahead,
and you're miles and miles
from your nice warm bed,
you just remember what your old pal said,
‘Boy, you've got a friend in me.’
Yeah, you've got a friend in me.”

 

Sit on trains and think of you. It hurts, it helps, I can’t tell.

 

…Smile, if you can. Maybe, even if it hurts.

 

…Oh God, get over here.

 

…Comparison is the thief of joy.

 

…Sure, it’s about insecurity, but it’s still nice to hear someone else say you’re good at something.

 

…No offense, but there’s a knot in your logic.

 

…“It’s that time again. Let’s pledge!”

 

…I don’t really know how to do this correctly.

 

…It’s just a little dance we do.

 

…Time keeps on coming, and yet I’m still here.

 

…Better to be half an hour early than one minute late.

 

…Why would you say that?

 

Search the definition of shame and I’m sure you’ll see my name.

 

…There are a thousand reasons and I can’t even find one.

 

…How much do you like feeling right? It must be a joy above all others.

 

…Yeah, but somehow you found your way to this one, so isn’t that something?

 

…Just so you know, Florence Pugh is a wonder.

 

…You know you’re older when one of the constant strains of conversations among friends is ailments, and how many each has.

 

I’m no good at this, I’m fucking up. So excuse me if I’m wasting all the fun.

 

…Whoa. That was close to catastrophe just now.

 

…If you don’t act on your thoughts, you shouldn’t have to answer for them, should you?

 

…This lake and I have spent so much time together. It may know me better than I know myself.

 

Try to fix myself, you know how hard that would be.

 

…See, that wasn’t so bad.

 

…That’s disgusting. Thank you.

 

…I guess I’ll put my armor back on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment