Friday, March 17, 2023


 —I KNOW IT’S ALL WAIT AND SEE

 

…Happy Friday.

I ran all over the house with two toddlers the last couple of days, learning in the process that I am out of shape and no match for them whatsoever.

I’ll be spending this weekend with my fifteen-year-old nephew. 

It’s all a good way to stay young at heart.

 

…Here are some things that gave me pause throughout the week. Maybe they’ll do the same for you…

 

 

…“God only reads kneemail.” Stephen Dunn

 

"How you stand here is important. How you listen for the next things to happen. How you breathe." William Stafford

 

"I am not making art, I am making myself." Nam June Paik

 

"I'd trade all of my tomorrows, for one single yesterday..." Janis Joplin

 

…“My mother was a braid of black smoke.

She bore me swaddled over the burning cities.

The sky was a vast and windy place for a child to play.”

    --Charles Simic

 

…“Earlier in my life I thought the things that mattered were the things that you could see, like your car, your house, your wealth, your property, your office. But as I’ve grown older I’ve become convinced that the things that matter most are the things you can’t see—the love you share with others, your inner purpose, your comfort with who you are.” Jimmy Carter

 

 “I'm just an advertisement for a version of myself.” David Byrne

 

…“We made love as the sun beats, as coffins close.” Andre Breton

 

…“Youth is the time we have before us.” Francois Mitterand

 

…“People always wait to say ‘Fair enough?’ until everything’s in their favor.” Garielle Lutz

 

…“It’s not your job to become certain of the uncertain.” Jill Weber

 

“I don't know anything with certainty, but seeing the stars at night makes me dream.”  Vincent van Gogh

 

…“None can have love for flowers unless he loves the wild ones.” Forbes Watson

 

…“You are not your thoughts.” Jill Weber

 

…“At the end of my suffering 

there was a door.

Hear me out: that which you call death

I remember.”

   --Louise Gluck

 

“Our heart always transcends us.” Rainer Maria Rilke

 

…“Wipe your glasses with what you know.” James Joyce

 

…“Love possesses not, nor would it be possessed.” Kahil Gibran

 

…“The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.” Friedrich Nietzsche

 

…“Don't let yo’ mouth get yo’ ass in trouble!!!!” Shakyamuni Shaft

 

…“Not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door.” Emily Dickinson

 

…“I took a deep breath and listened to that old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am.” Sylvia Plath

No comments:

Post a Comment