Monday, April 25, 2022

 

—SAY YOUR “SORRY’S,” “I LOVE YOU’S,” CAUSE MAN, YOU NEVER KNOW

 


…How was your weekend? I’m betting it was pretty good.

 

…I have two radio interviews today, one at 7:07 a.m. and another at noon. Hopefully I won’t mumble or stumble. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

 

…When I worked at Nordstrom, I used to save a written or emailed note that I might get saying something complimentary. I don’t know if it was my idea to do this, or someone else’s (probably the latter). The notion was, when you were feeling really insecure, or wondering whether or not you were making a difference in other people’s lives, you had a cache of notes from real people, telling you, in often heart-warming and extravagant ways, that you did, indeed, make a difference.

I had both an electronic file, as well as a paper file-folder. Each was labeled “Special.” It’s a lame, corny title, but that’s how those notes made me feel--special.

I never ever looked at any of the electronic notes, but on occasion, when I was feeling blue, or “less-than,” I’d pull a handwritten note out and read it aloud. Sometimes it would make me cry. Sometimes I’d think they’d exaggerated their sentiment about me. Sometimes I’d feel emboldened. But it always made me feel better, “more-than,” like I actually mattered. 

Similarly, since I’ve been writing full-time, I have an electronic file captioned “Special” where I save, or “cut-and-paste” save comments and notes. I’ve been doing this for 12 years now. I’m so lucky that it’s a very full folder, though I’m only guessing at that, since I’ve never once looked at it. But just knowing the sentiments are there, knowing I have them saved, is kind of a balm for bad days.

If you don’t do something similar, I’d highly recommend it. It’s never too late to start something new.

(Braggart Alert) Below are some recent, very kind comments I received about my last interview on the radio, my book, a story, and also about this site hitting 2.5 million pageviews that will go into the file marked “Special”… 

 

 

Len, you amaze me!!!! Lovely!

 

Be brave… those of us who loved your story tellers voice could listen endlessly… mesmerized!!

 

your voice has always been comforting, supportive and inspirational - was then - nice to hear it again, so thanks for sharing -- and it is your introverted 'humanness' that keeps people coming back for more -- please stay you! just feel blessed you once crossed the path of my life

 

wow. you are brave, len. can't wait to listen to this! btw - your voice is terrific. do you realize how many of us folks came to listen to you speak? you captivated an audience and always left us with so much to think about. thank you. and, thanks for sharing this.

 

wish I could hear your words in that voice… you are amazing and I’m cheering for you!!!

 

Len. Your book is very powerful and moving.

 

Just listened to your interview, it takes a lot of courage to publicize your vulnerability. I’m indefinitely proud of you.

 

Hey, Len. Just saying I really enjoyed your appearance on that radio show. All of your best intentions showed through!

 

Congratulations.♥️ It's incredible because you are incredible in the best way.

WOW. Len, that is amazing. Bravo!

not hard to understand - your writing is like a heartbeat - 

 

Congrats! That's quite something!

 

I'm floored. That's so cool. Congratulations!

 

Read this gorgeous, heartbreaking story by the amazing Len Kuntz, republished in "Fictive Dream"! DEEP LOVE! xoox

 

Hi Len, master of the micro.

 

You have a great eye for detail. It makes the writing so clear.

 

Such gorgeous writing, Len. Always such a pleasure to read your work, my friend

 

Your book is full of profound sincerities. I’m proud of you, if I may so. Thanks for all you’ve given us. 

 

I am a fan. ❤

 

It's just beautiful, full of a sort of tenderness that I've never seen or experienced before. I keep imagining all the details in my head.

 

I think it's the poet in you. When poets write stories it's different

 

The story stayed with me for such a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment