Friday, October 1, 2021

 
—RABBIT RABBIT

 

…Happy Friday and weekend. What have you got planned? Me, I’m going to see the Sopranos sequel today. Last week I saw “Dear Evan Hansen,” and though the critics mostly scalded the film, I loved it. Ben Platt is astonishing, both his vocals and his acting. It was good for five sobs. Go see it and let me know what you think. 

 

…Here are some things I like for the start of a new month:

 

 

                           Why Bother?

 

 

Because right now, there is         someone

 

out there with

 

a wound                                     in the exact shape

 

                                                  of your words.

 

 

--Sean Thomas Dougherty

 

 

  Love is apart from all things.

Desire and excitement are nothing beside it.

It is not the body that finds love.

What leads us there is the body.

What is not love provokes it.

What is not love quenches it.

Love lays hold of everything we know.

    -from "The Great Fires," Jack Gilbert

 

 Night Song

Among rocks, I am the loose one,

among arrows, I am the heart,

among daughters, I am the recluse,

among sons, the one who dies young.

Among answers, I am the question,

between lovers, I am the sword,

among scars, I am the fresh wound,

among confetti, the black flag.

Among shoes, I am the one with the pebble,

among days, the one that never comes,

among the bones you find on the beach

the one that sings was mine.

    -Lisel Mueller

No comments:

Post a Comment