Friday, May 28, 2021

 

—THERE’S ALWAYS THE WEIGHT OF WHAT YOU THINK VERSUS THE WEIGHT OF WHAT YOU KNOW

 

 

…Happy Friday, Happy Weekend. I hope both are good to you.

 

…It stormed hard here yesterday. Broken branches everywhere. Scattered pine cones, cedar, detritus, etc.

The power went out twice. That’s country living for you.

But this morning, around 4:30, I saw the beaver swimming across the lake. He seemed to be in a hurry to get to where we was headed. I hope he’s meeting up with a friend, or at least someone he loves.

 

And if you are to love,

love like the moon loves.

It doesn’t steal the night.

It only unveils the beauty of the dark.

    --Isra  Al-Thibeh

 

 “It’s daunting to put your emotions about something really personal on display. I haven’t spoken much about this chapter, and I don’t feel like I owe that to anyone, but I owe it to myself as a creator to flesh out all these emotions that I’ve felt, and I do that through song. It would be strange if I didn’t acknowledge what happened in my life creatively, but it is scary to be like, ‘I’m about to share my most personal thoughts about me, about this other person, about a union that I had with someone.’ I mean, I’m not a ruthless person. I care about other people’s feelings. So, it’s kind of scary." Casey Musgraves

 

“What I came to learn: boxes have a way of folding that children cannot learn.” Kerrin McCadden

 

“Maybe one day, when we’re older, we will accidentally run into each other and apologize for all the trouble we might have caused.” R.M. Drake

 

“You cannot change anyone, but you can be the reason someone changes.” Roy Bennett

 

“I feel like I’m losing, but I know I can’t really lose unless I stop fighting. I take a deep breath and remind myself—baby steps…baby steps…baby steps. That’s what I’ve learned on bad days; deep breaths, baby steps and as long as I keep fighting, I am winning. Keep going.” Stephanie Bennett-Henry

 

“It sounds fake but you really do have a lot of silent lovers on this planet who look at you and wish they had your smile, your hair, your humor, your manners, your intentions, your poise, or else they are simply cheering you on. Some are just too shy to tell you they admire you. Remember that when you feel alone.” Ella Mai

 

Then you meet this girl who tells

 you to go to a park and sit on the

swings. And you laugh at first, but

   then you smile. Because there’s

    very few people who can help 

     you purge the outdated parts

    of yourself. And you’re hungry

   again. For another day. For life.

      You’ll soon hope that you can

            keep her, forever.

                      --T. De La Garza

 

“I’ve learned to do what you tell me.

Make myself small.

Shut the fuck up.”

              --Alexis Rhone Fancher

 

“Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.“ Hemingway

 

No comments:

Post a Comment