Friday, November 27, 2020

 

 

–I’VE RUN THROUGH EVERY OUTCOME AND IN EVERYONE I’M HURT

 

 

…I spent yesterday morning sending heartfelt thanks to those people in my life that I’m most grateful for, and so I thought I’d do the same with you.

Thanks for being a faithful reader. It’s a joy for me to know that so many of you tune in each M, W, Friday.

 

…I’m sure you spent the holiday being reflective and thankful. I’m hoping you are doing everything possible to be safe.

One of the groomsmen in my wedding had his father in-law test positive for COVID on Wednesday, then he passed away five hours later.

Please be careful.

 

…As was likely the case for most of us in 2020, Thanksgiving was a strange day in many ways.

I had a lot of bottled-up emotions upon waking (it probably didn’t help that I watched two episodes of “This Is Us” the night prior, or that we watched “Perks of Being a Wallflower,” which is incredible, but very intense in parts).

I’m hopeful that people will be vigilant in their stance against the virus and that sometime during 2021 the light will shine on all of us again.

 

…These are some things I like for the weekend…

 

 

 “Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles.” H. G. Wells

 

"I have never been a millionaire, but I have enjoyed a great meal, a crackling fire, a glorious sunset, a walk with a friend, a hug from a child, a cup of soup, a kiss behind the ear. There are plenty of life's tiny delights for all of us."  Jack Anthony

 

"Friendship consists in forgetting what one gives, and remembering what one receives." Dumas The Younger

 

"Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Louis Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein." H. Jackson Brown Jr.

 

"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you'll never walk alone." Audrey Hepburn

 

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle." Chris Watson 

 

"The most that we can do is to hope for the best till we know the worst. Of course, we shall make the best of the worse when it comes."  William Dean Howells

 

"You have to learn the science of your craft. Someone will say, ‘Yeah, I used to read music, but I forgot.’ Bullshit. That's not the way it works. You've got to love it enough to work for it, you know, and get your tools." Quincy Jones

 

"My mother drew a distinction between achievement and success. She said that achievement is the knowledge that you have studied and worked hard and done the best that is within you. Success is being praised by others. That is nice but not as important or satisfying. Always aim for achievement and forget about success." Helen Hayes 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment