Wednesday, January 1, 2020



—ANYWHERE I GO, THERE YOU ARE

…Happy New Year.  Happy New Decade.  Let’s make them unforgettable somehow.

…Today is also my nephew, Lucas’s birthday.  That special little guy just turned two.  This is him:




…I had a little under 100 pieces published this year, a big improvement from the last two years, but nothing like when I first started writing full-time.  I’m getting back on the submission train, though, starting tomorrow.

I did get some really nice comments of late that made me feel worthy of calling myself a writer:


-I’m nobody to say, but you’re as real as it gets, Len.

-Thank you for sharing Len - you are a brilliant writer, so inspiring. Your flash writing is the best.

I read this yesterday, Len, and it remains in my head. Such an honest heartache. Thank you for writing it and sharing it. X

-I related to this, utterly. Here's to sharing your discoveries!

-Beautifully written Len! I totally relate too.

-For many of us Len, you have always been 'more than' and we feel blessed because of it - hope you can feel that

-I love this. You sure have a way with words. Incredible writer.

- I really enjoyed reading this short dialogue. All I can say is that if people really knew you as a person they would be astonished. I love you as you are and I really don't see an active earthworm. God has given you a talent to use words that have personal meanings. Our family is blessed.

-Great story Len! I am proud to say you are our very talented writer & a person that everyone loves.

-The Recognition Meeting stories were many about Madison, the light of your life. They were notable and still treasured-the fact that you would share such personal stories and turn them into lessons learned. Thank you, Len.

-Kuntz is a bit like Rapunzel with his ability to spin wheat into gold! I always admire and enjoy his words too.

-That isn't easy to do, it is pretty magical to find a new way to say something ordinary.

-I love anything Len Kuntz writes.

-Love Len Kuntz’s work. Every time I hear about a new book, or a new story, I must read, because his writing stuns me right where it should.

The one and only Len Kuntz.  Amazing.

-I’ve been meaning to message you. I taught your flash story in Best Small Fictions and they absolutely loved it.

-Len, I just read your 2nd place micro in the micro-madness contest and I have to say the imagery and emotions are all mind-blowing.  A big Wow for being able to say so much in so little.  It deserves the first place, to be honest.  Congratulations.
And I really love your heart-felt blog entry/pieces in Ghost Parachute.  I have great respect for you.
I know that writers need more than just a comment or congrats here and there.  I swear once I’ve got some extra money, I’m buying your work and supporting you.  Your writing is beautiful and inspirational and worth the time and money.

-Hi Len, 

Hope all is well with you. I may or may not have already told you this, but I feature a line from your story, "Scarecrows" in my upcoming Skillshare class. I also have included the whole story on a list of recommended reading. 
Thanks for being so damned talented, Len. : )




…Here are some things I like to start the year off right:

…This is short and hilarious:


…This is incredible:
Lotte: 0 to 20


-Thank you from Roald Dahl.

-Lots of love for this:

-And this:


-“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” John Green, Looking for Alaska


-“When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.” Jess C. Scott

-“I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.” Jimi Hendrix

-“You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something.  Now everybody’s crazy.” Charles Manson.

-“Don’t think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it’s good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” -Andy Warhol

-“Be patient—even with chaos.” Lydia Davis

-“A poet is a one who feels wrong in a wrong world but is willing to try to say it.  A poet is a person who says I am wrong and you are wrong, but I to admit it, so I am a poet.”  Rachel Zucker


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIxmuRbwjoY



No comments:

Post a Comment