Friday, November 29, 2019






—I SWITCHED THE TIME ZONE, BUT WHAT DO I KNOW?

                           Northern Sky I Don’t Know Why
   tonight      i just    want to weep      and not know      why      curl every reason      beneath the last lip      of a salted pretzel tear      you can tell me      why       i’m incredibly mistaken      awkward      or obtuse      once again      and i‘ll do my best      to explain      why      you’re unshakeable      and permanently adhesive      but that won’t matter      because       the evenings      and miserable      minutes      tics      stars     moon waltz      and won’t stop      showing up      or aligning      all jigsaw jagged      it won’t make a      solitary difference      even as i weep      into the throat      of this cracked      champagne flute      or as      you chuckle      snort bubbles       through your      perfectly made nostrils     wondering whether     you should       grin      or      weep       lay your steaming dead      at the damp foot       of my     otherwise-made bed

No comments:

Post a Comment