Wednesday, September 25, 2019





—I WANT TO BUY A TICKET TO THE SOMETHING THAT YOU MAKE ME FEEL


…Yesterday was my Mom’s birthday.  I’m never sure how to feel about that.

…Most years I am thankful to have been seen.

…Memory is a friend I’ve lost track of.

…It’s easy to love what you can hold in your hands.  It’s trickier to love what you can’t.

…There’s nothing in the sky you can’t stab with a pin.

…Nobody I know wants to wake up alone.

…God forbid we mix up the dead and the living.

…Sometimes I remember that I am someone’s son and I try not to laugh or cry.

…A huge mentor of mine, when I first started my career, told me, “You never have to get mad or yell at any of your people.  Just say, ‘You really disappointed me.’ That will kill them.”  He was right, though I never said it, and I hope no one ever says it to me.

“It’s hard to find someone who loves you when you’re small.” Bailey, SYTYCD

…Don’t give me one, give me the whole box.

…Sometimes towers of gold are still too little.

…It’s just a couple of screws.

…It’s interesting how, some nights, the clouds brush up against the sunset and then paint the sky mauve and soft pink, blue-black.  It looks so much like a bruise.  Who knew bruises could be beautiful?

…I hate it when I have a great first line and can’t do anything with it.  For instance, this: “You would tell me, right?”  I heard that on a show the other day and I thought, well that’s amazing.  From there you could go anywhere.  Where I’ve gone with it is in circles.

…Few things make me happier than when a friend texts me, Wheee!

…What do you do when the hope runs out?  I mean, really, what do you do?

…When I’m blue, I try to make other people’s day brighter with a thoughtful note and a specific message about why they are special and important.  It’s kind of a twisted opposite of Schadenfreude, but it works for both of us.  (Schadenfreude is another word fraught with all kinds of story ideas, none of which I’ve been able to make work.)     

…Really?  This thing has been viewed over 1.6 million times?  Why?  And, Thank you very much.

…“Writing is a way of saying you and the world have a chance.” Richard Hugo

…If you have something to say, just say it, right?  Then, why can’t I?

…Nothing is original.  Everything comes from something that came before, which was once nothing.

…Things might be different if the ghosts were less restless.

…Words are slippery, that’s for sure.

“We should consider every day lost if we haven’t danced.” Nietzsche


No comments:

Post a Comment