Thursday, February 2, 2017



 
--THOUGH IT’S POSSIBLE I’M DREAMING, DON’T WAKE ME YET

 

…I just ran 12 miles and I’m a little sore.  It was colder than heck out.
Afterward, I stopped at the convenience store which conveniently stocks my favorite brand of Gummie Bears—Lifesavers Wild Berries.  Yum.  I’m a sucker for Gummies.  My daughter and I once scoured the country trying to find the very best ones and we finally located them in, of all places, Universal Studios at a candy shop there.  These Gummies were very tiny but so sweet.
Now I’m sucking down a Corona.  I can’t, in clear conscience recommend eating Gummies then popping open a beer.  Don’t do it.

...I’m posting early as I’ll be headed to Vancouver before the crack of dawn in an attempt to beat the expected snowfall.  The drive might be treacherous, but if I make it there alive it’s going to be fantastic.

…So I’ll be back here Monday.  Until then, here are some things worth pondering:

“HEY. it's so very easy to feel small and crumpled up like a wad of paper just now. here's me reminding you that you can still put a single word to a page, and then another, and pretty soon there is a line, and a single line can save your life. sometimes, as noted, it's a big fucking deal to make a sentence. same with life. i get up out of bed (don't want to), i put my clothes on (don't want to), i leave the house (don't want to), i go into the world (don't want to) and then i watch for micro beauty everywhere i go so i can keep moving.” Lidia Yuknavich

"The best inheritance you can leave your kids is an example of how to live a full and meaningful life." Dan Zadra
"If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time." B.J. Marshall

"If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can transform one million realities." Maya Angelou
"Your imagination is the preview to life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein

"Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved." Will Rogers

"Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Louis Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein." H. Jackson Brown Jr.
"I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it." Pete Egoscue

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment