Wednesday, October 5, 2016




--I’VE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER FOR YOU

 
…It’s midweek and I feel a bit untethered for whatever reason.

…I have a book called Post Secret where people send in anonymous secrets and a guy collects them all and puts them on postcards.  Some of them are haunting and all of them are touching.  Here’s the blog:


…Here are some things I like on a Wednesday:

"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong."- Arthur C. Clarke

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
-Aldous Huxley

"The ideas that have lighted my way have been kindness, beauty and truth."- Albert Einstein

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue... gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."- Confucius

"The nearest way to glory -- a shortcut, as it were -- is to strive to be what you wish to be thought to be - quoted in Cicero, 44 BC."- Socrates

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble."- Helen Keller

"Life is no brief candle to me. It is sort of a splendid torch which I have got hold of for a moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."- George Bernard Shaw

"I am thankful for small mercies. I compared notes with one of my friends who expects everything of the universe, and is disappointed when anything is less than the best, and I found that I begin at the other extreme, expecting nothing, and am always full of thanks for moderate goods."- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way."- Christopher Darlington Morley

"He who finds diamonds must grapple in mud and mire because diamonds are not found in polished stones. They are made."- Henry B. Wilson

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment