Wednesday, December 17, 2014



--I’VE GOT BLOOD IN MY EYES FOR YOU


…Today feels like a good day, don’t you think?  I sure hope so.

…Here’s a video of a reading I did last Monday in Capitol Hill at The Hugo House (it’s R-Rated):

…Every day I get a different song stuck in my head.  It’s usually something form Les Miserables.  Yesterday, though it was “You Got What I Need,” by Freddy Scott.  That’s a fun one to sing along with, to groove to.  It’s awful when you get a terrible song stuck in your head, say anything by Phil Collins, or “Friday” by that one-hit wonder teenage girl.
Today’s song is “Bubbly” by Colbie Caliat.  Yikes.

…Here are some things I like for the middle of the week:

“Every experience is a form of exploration.”  Ansel Adams

 “We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done.”  Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

“I've seen and met angels wearing the disguise of ordinary people living ordinary lives.”  Tracy Chapman

“I have never been a millionaire, but I have enjoyed a great meal, a crackling fire, a glorious sunset, a walk with a friend, a hug from a child, a cup of soup, a kiss behind the ear. There are plenty of life's tiny delights for all of us.”  Jack Anthony

“A wise man once said nothing.” 

“New York is something awful, something monstrous. I like to walk the streets, lost, but I
recognize that New York is the world's greatest lie. New York is Senegal with machines.”
Federico Garcia Lorca

 “Everyone in New York City thinks they are famous without being famous.” Ethan Minsker

“Your imagination is the preview to life's coming attractions.”  Albert Einstein

“If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time.” B.J. Marshall

“Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Louis Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”  H. Jackson Brown Jr.

“Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.”  Will Rogers

"A RIOT IS THE LANGUAGE OF THE UNHEARD." Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Do not go chasing applause and acclaim, that way lies madness." Ron Swanson


No comments:

Post a Comment