Wednesday, July 4, 2012


--SOME ARE THE MELODY, SOME ARE THE BEAT


 ….Yesterday CNNMoney's Fear & Greed Index hit 58, back in "Greed" territory after a long stint in "Extreme Fear" during the worst of Europe's debt crisis. Before last Friday, the index hadn't been above 50 since April 9 -- the day markets sold off on a lousy jobs report.

…Yesterday two different women in two separate emails wanted to give me millions of dollars.  Mrs. Betty Shotts wanted to give me $4 million and Karen Baeane (weird spelling) wanted to give me $8.8.  All I had to do was give them my contact information.

…Yesterday it rained so violently that I had to run down and scoop water out of the water bike that nearly sank.

…Yesterday someone said something nice and somebody else said something cruel.

…Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away.

…Yesterday I heard that lyric in my head and wrote a story about a man battling drug addiction who steals from his company to feed his habit.

…Yesterday I was only marginally productive.

…Today is Independence Day.  Tonight there will be thousands of fireworks exploding over the lake well into the night.

…Today the sun is shining and it's feels like a hopeful day.

…Today I plan on smiling a lot and laughing quite a bit.

…Today is a good day to be alive, don't you think?

…Live free.

…I like this:

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest accomplishment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." Leo Buscaglia

No comments:

Post a Comment