Thursday, May 19, 2011




--MAYBE YOU'RE GONNA BE THE ONE THAT SAVES ME

…I have new things:
"For Some People" and "Forensic" up at POETRY SUPER HIGHWAY
"Gear Box" at Blue Fifth Review
"Rehearsal" at The Camel Saloon
All of them are also here under "Words in Print"

…I broke my own personal record. I went 18 consecutive days having at least one poem or story published each of those days. Kind of fun. But I haven't really submitted much lately, so that will come to a withering end.

…Holy Hell, I saw "Bridesmaids." It is HYSTERICAL. I had a side ache from laughing. Go see it. Tell your friends to see it. If you do not love it, I will send you money. Kristin Wiig is brilliant as is everyone. It might be funnier than "The Hangover." Seriously. I mean, seriously. This film is seriously funny for 2 hours and 5 fucking minutes.

…I've been listening to The Cave Singers. I saw them when they opened for Fleet Foxes. What an interesting band. They are all bearded fellows and one woman and on stage they lope and prance like deer on LSD. They sound very much like drunken pirates singing around the campfire. The lead singer has a voice that would mirror a much-used ashtray, if in fact ashtrays had vocal chords. His doppelganger is Joe Cocker.

…It's interesting how popular libraries are. I would have predicted their demise, but the one here is always teeming. People wait in line for it to open. I think it's all the free Wi-Fi and, well, the free everything. I like how quiet it is.

…Tomorrow I leave for NY. I’m pretty stoked. The flight is at 7am, so it’ll be a 4:00 wake up call, but that’s okay. Wish me luck!

I like these things on a sunny Wednesday:

"To see a world in a grain of Sand,
And heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour." William Blake

"Art is a way of dealing with hopelessness. It helps you take something that is within you and make a place for it outside of yourself." Kim Addonizio

"Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals." Samuel Ullman


"Now that I have money, there's nothing I want." Kurt Vonnegut

"I must get my soul back from you; I am killing my flesh without it." Sylvia Plath

"I can now see everything falling to pieces before my eyes."
"Existence is.. well.. what does it matter? I exist on the best terms I can. The past is now part of my future. The present is well out of hand." Ian Curtis

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had or are having a terrific time in NY. I have a piece of under 100 words that I really need some input on. Any chance you'd be willing to look at it? How do I get it to you if yes? And if no, I still love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey andrew, yes I'm actually in ny all week. I'd be happy to look at your piece. It just might take me a bit to get back to you. My email is lenk98290@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete