Tuesday, March 22, 2011



I WANNA DANCE. I WANNA WIN. AND I WANT THAT TROPHY -- Mia Wallace/Uma Thurman, "Pulp Fiction"

…I have three new stories, "The Boy With Breasts," "Layers" and "I Used A Capo" up at The Legendary and also here under "Words In Print."

…I've been listening to these:
"Guerilla Radio," Rage Against the Machine
"Black or White," Michael Jackson
"Forever Young," Youth Group
"Like A Kick Drum," Citizen Cope
"Dirty Money," P. Diddy
for whever reason, P. Diddy's disc makes me feel like swaying. it's got a nice groove, subtle beats. I like me some Diddy now and again.

…yesterday I swam in shrouds, cool clouds that teased my skin like rambunctious ghosts. they seduced me and I got carried away with their saucy overtures, dancing like a drunk, woozy and boozy. the trees bent down to match my moves, my lazy swaying. it was all very alarming and closed caption erotic.
an eagle flew by to make sure we were keeping things real. he did not blink, not even once.
swans showed up. one wore a candy necklace tripled up like a bracelet around her plumed white throat. she said, "what kind of dance are you doing? it looks like some sort of salsa."
boaters tripped over themselves paddling close to shore.
a horn sounded somewhere, or so the swans said, but I couldn't hear it because I was lost in the music.
and I became a rag and the swans surrounded my feet and mimicked my moves and the boaters left us alone but took photos on the cell phones until their eagle dive bombed them and sent them away.
the trees whispered sultry sounds. they said, "we should do this more often."

I like these on a tuesday:

"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
- Margery Williams

You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public.
- Scott Adams
If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much of a day.
- John A. Wheeler
No man ever listened himself out of a job.
- Calvin Coolidge

There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.-- Washington Irving (1783-1859) American Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment