—SHE SAID TO GET BETTER
…Do you love me, which one is it? Do you love me?
…Wait, what? There are 31 days in July?
…Arguing with your kid about art—it doesn’t get much better than that, at least not for me. Maybe he’ll remember someday, how we bantered the words “artistic integrity” back and forth, and why that matters.
…Lucy’s room kind of feels like my second home now.
…“Life’s not all bad when I really think I’ve thrown everything but the kitchen sink at it. Wouldn’t bet my piggy bank on it.” Sly Jr. piggy bank
...I never ever expected to win in the first place, so Congratulations!!! I hope you get famous, or whatever the Fuck it is you want from life.
…Here it goes, those first finger taps I love so much.
…I’m waving out a window, is anyone waving back at me?
…It must really be something, to want to bark that bad.
…“Drink a little water before going to bed. That will help a lot.”
…Good luck with all that, Sucker.
…“I fell down last week,
I couldn’t pick myself up.
My Momma called me last week,
I started to cry when I hung up.”
Role Model—six speed
…I’m going to keep all my WTF? messages to myself from now on since I’m, apparently, the only one who gets them.
…There are only so many times you can say goodbye until it feels like you’re just making shit up while trying really hard not to get your soul crushed again and again.
...Maybe you just made that whole story up about me without me knowing it.
…“How long have you been up?”
…You look like fucking Hell.
…I don’t get it. Can’t you just love who you love? What does it matter what their sex is? Come on, really, don’t be as stupid as that, as them.
…“Evil doesn’t care. It just needs a victim and a road.” Charlie Salmon
…There’s only one reason someone sends you that, you stupid bastard.
…We’re almost there. Promise. Pinkie Swear.
…Can’t stand the way you turn your head when you see I’m bleeding.
…I get so angry sometimes, and I’m not sure where else to place my fury other than here. Sorry. Though look—not a single political comment on today’s post.
…But I had a nap, plus there’s always Audrey Hobert. She’s the real deal, goofy as hell, a young Lucille Ball, but true through and through.
…I’m not suggesting anything, but I wonder, in a world of 6 billion people, how many have looked into a mirror this morning and asked themselves, “Okay, what are we doing here right now?”
…They have a really awful band name, but still “Light Me Up” is a pretty fucking great song.
…Pushing “Delete” is almost always a wise decision.
…Some days, five days feels like 5,000, but maybe it doesn’t feel the same way to you. I really don’t know how it feels to you.
…Whatever you do right now, keep that door closed.
…This is going to sound a lot more fun tomorrow. Or so, I’m praying.
…Here’s what you do now—you just lay down and say, “Uncle,” like the old days when “Chinese torture” was still a thing and not some kind of racial slur, when your older brothers really wanted to kill you, but somehow left you alive, young and still breathing.
…“My friend Eddy’s here.”
…I guess the answer is you play “Katie” again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae0sYBbXkbo&list=RDae0sYBbXkbo&start_radio=1
…I just wasted a day I’ll never get back, but it was actually pretty fucking fun in a lot of respects, so maybe it wasn’t a waste after all.
…“Can you leave the key on the counter before you go?”
…What I hate is pretending.
…I guess I do a lot of pretending, but don’t we all, in one way or another?
...What I’ve learned is epiphanies aren’t always good like you think they are.
…I listened to three different songs during my workout yesterday that referenced how “your ass shakes.” Seriously. Three. It’s either totally misogynist, or else those words must mean something really special that I just don’t get—how your ass shakes, and why it’s important enough to incorporate them into song lyrics.
…I like the sound of laughter. I like when your ass shakes.
…“What does ‘AWK!’ mean?”
…You need to learn when to turn the volume down. I’m still working on that.
--Don’t be stupid. You can’t adopt a child.
--Why not?
--You’re sixty-six.
--(Fuck off.)
…That’s one way of putting it--“This war is illegal.” Andrii Sybiha, Ukrainian Foreign Minister
…Is the rain going to beat me, or the berries, or you?
I hope it’s you.
…Dude, get control of your dogs. Why do you even have dogs if you’re never there for them?
…I might have too many tabs open right now.
…This party’s only going to last so long before it crashes.
…If you do anything often enough, you get better at. I mean, anything.
…“I think writing is a way of fixing things, too.” Eliza
…Yeah, but you’re not here, so you don’t really know, and that’s not your fault.
…I think I need to calm down.
…I always wonder—What’s the real reason, though?
…You can tell me all you want about symmetry, but I’ll still never believe it, or you. Sorry, not sorry.
…I could probably watch “Wet Hair” forever.
…Wait, how old am I?
…The definition of cruel is when your children are cruel to you, even if they’re doing it lazily, without meaning to.
…Your shirt’s too big, you dyed your hair.
…I guess the thing you’re supposed to do is you’re supposed to let the air out of your lungs once in a while.
…In a couple of more years, this will feel normal, and you’ll forget what my face feels like in your hands.
…Maybe I just need a Stevie Nicks.
…Or a Lucy. Yeah, a Lucy. I know I’d be happy if Lucy was here. I can only sleep in her room so many times.
…I don’t feel anything at like a trophy, but I feel a lot like a fake one lately.
…Sometimes the difference is just a couple of inches.
…I’m in my car, I’m killing time, Should I go and guzzle a glass of wine?
…If you knew it on “the rooftop that night” what the hell happened, Jack? Please take care of Margaret, please.
…“As a writer, one of the things I’ve always been interested in doing is actually invading your comfort space. Because that’s what you’re supposed to do. Get under your skin, and make you react.” Stephen King
…I love my bathroom mirror because it magically makes me look way better than I actually do, but then when I look into any other mirror, the truth is a harsh bitch who doesn’t mince words.
…Just a warning—I was aiming to lift, shave and shower, but none of those things came to pass. So, I might resemble that guy on the curb with his hoodie held out like a hat wanting to be filled up with rain.
…I’m going to push “Save” now just to be safe.
…And I don’t wanna cry, because no one ever cries if they’re tough.
…You can’t beat that, even when you think you can.
…But I’ve done it a couple of times. Trust me, if I can do it, you can.
…I was in the mud. I was in the dirt. Found out what I was worth.
…I think I might have been a cult leader when all I was really taxed with was being a manager of people.
…There are some films, and songs, that are so sacred they should never be remade or “covered.” “Beast of Burden” is one of those. And who the fuck is Argonaut & Wasp anyway?
…A lot of stuff on social media makes no sense, or it annoys the hell out of me and after I’ve read it, I feel like I’m lost in the hallways of “Backrooms,” bouncing off walls without even knowing why.
…Maybe God is just a cop that we can fast talk.
…I’m just sitting here, in my head again, which is dangerous for all sorts of reasons.
...“Yep, your hair is looking pretty greasy.”
...I pay close attention to epiphanies, because they’re rare, sort of like angels landing on your shoulder. But what do you do when the epiphany isn’t at all what you wanted to hear?
…I’ve got a million reasons to smile, so why is it so hard?
…Sometimes the story’s better with a different ending, but if it’s genuine, any ending should do.
…Trying to tinker with someone else’s story is always tricky, but the key is you just have to say, Fuck it, and start slaying what needs to be slayed.
…Yeah, I’ve thought about it, and I know how self-centered it is, but there’s really no excuse for that.
…I’m really cold. Even though it’s 93 degrees out, I’m cold. Why is that?
…I think the thing about “Grown Up” is it just makes you happy, if you let it.
…I guess we all have our moments when we find logic constraining.
…Tomorrow. Tomorrow’s the day I finally do it.
…I’ll start shortening things next week. I’m just not quite ready right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment