Wednesday, April 3, 2024


—WE TOOK A RIDE, UP A GOLDEN ELEVATOR

 


…I don’t blame you. I wouldn’t want to be around me right now either. 

 

 Everything changes, 

everything moves, everything 

evolves, everything flies 

and goes away. 

—Frida Kahlo

 

…Many of the things that I’ve written never get seen, and I’m okay with that.

 

…It takes a lot to believe in Jesus, just as it takes a lot not to.

 

…My diary should be pretty waterlogged by now.

 

…The worst thing about living is death.

 

…It’s awfully dark in Lucy’s room. I know there are answers in there, but I haven’t found any yet. 

 

"My biggest flaw is that I love everyone and everything" Brontez Purnell

 

…If I’d journaled obediently when I was younger, maybe I’d be saved, or different.

 

…Repeat: I always notice race, or the lack thereof, when I’m in a crowd. But why is that such a bad thing? 

 

"My philosophy is: What people say about me is none of my business. I am who I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And that makes life easier.--We live in a world where funerals are more important than the deceased, marriage is more important than love, looks are more important than the soul. We live in a packaging culture that despises content." Anthony Hopkins

 

…A hug from your kid can cure a lot. It’s the best thing ever.

 

…Most mothers are saints, and if yours is, well, lucky you.

 

--“You seem like such a happy person, so why do you write such dark stuff?”

--“You’ve never met my mother.”

 

…Sometimes, in the pit of misery, the news will be on and I’ll find myself thinking, Who the fuck cares?

 

…It doesn’t matter if you’re behind so long as you can catch up.

 

…Thank God for pen pals.

 

…I think I understand death the more I see it, but that doesn’t make it any better.


...She's gone, and I can't do a thing about it.

 

…I could run a thousand miles and still never reach you.

 

…“But even a body of water grows tired of itself.” Diane Seuss

 

…How you deal with things affects everything else. I know that. But still…

 

…Sometimes it’s not so easy to deal.

 

…“The most important days in life are the day you were born and the day you find out why.” Mark Twain 

 

…It’s amazing how you can picture what someone looks like with their mask on and how different they look without it.

 

…If they’re really your best friend, they give you grace.

 

…Those circles, man, they can get to you if you let them.

 

…It was Easter the other day and not a solitary boat on the lake. Weird, and telling.

 

…It’s going to be a very long night, but so what?

 

…Tomorrow’s a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment