Wednesday, January 24, 2024


 —I’VE JUST GOTTA GET A MESSAGE TO YOU 

 

 

…I’m not only cycling, I’m actively recycling.

 

…That guy at the airport with two toddlers straddling his ankles had to be thinking, “Look at my fucking luck!” Anyway, that’s what I’d be thinking if I were him.

 

…That woman at the airport looked like she was carrying the entire world on her shoulders, yet she only had her handbag with her.

 

…This hair—it’s not getting any thicker.

 

…Toddlers this weekend. Yay.

 

…I’ve wished you a million things.

 

…Seems like we’re running out of goodbyes.

 

…There’s no way they can all be that sweet.

 

…The clouds I’m looking at now, all blue-black, could be the most menacing-looking things ever. 

 

…Or maybe they’re just smoke signals with kind greetings wrapped up in terror.

 

…It’s a wonder, or else a clusterfuck, being stuck in an airport with a thousand grouchy F&%@s who’ve all missed their connections, the same as you.

 

…That might be the wrong pocket.

 

…Maybe you’ll get a replacement. There’s plenty like me to be found. 

 

…Day after day, if you get them.

 

…You hear the word, “Dad” and it changes everything instantly. Papa is pretty great, too.

 

…Turns out that going to a live golf tournament just means acres of endless walking, but hey, it’s still something.

 

…Ghosting is only ghosting when there are no pre-described conditions.

 

…After yesterday, my worst fears may be coming true.

 

…Re-entry can be a real bitch, but at least I have hot water.

 

…Next is better than nowhere.

 

…All those holes? How do you possibly fill them?

 

…It’s weird to be this lucky and not feel like you are. But I’m still grateful.

 

…Even the ducks look lost right now.

 

…Turbulence is no one’s friend.

 

Blaming it all, on the nights on Broadway.

 

…I don’t like to think this way, but if T wins again, the whole world is doomed.

 

…I’m trying to be less reactive, but that really only works when you don’t care.

 

…If you can’t abide the rain, this is tough place to be.

 

It’s kind of funny, people throwing shade. I’m just doing me, I don’t got no bad days.

 

…This is a stupid confession, but when I was ten I decided I wanted to be president and taped up all of these signs in the house that said, “LEN FOR PRESIDENT!!” and somehow my parents left them up for a few days.

 

...It’s almost too late to figure things out.

 

…It’s odd, the things you remember so clearly, and those you don’t at all.

 

…If you tell it to a friend who doesn’t judge, it usually feels better afterward.

 

…Did I mention re-entry is a bitch?

 

…I’ll stop bitching now. 

 

….“Think of yourself as dead. You have lived your life. Now take what’s left and live it properly.” Marcus Aurelius

 

…I usually know what I mean, but sometimes it’s hard to express it accurately.

 

…Shouldn’t the longest days be the best ones, and not the other way around?

 

…Was I a good son? I don’t know. I’ll probably never know.

 

…It’s good to have a best friend. Without one, where would that leave you?

 

…Where did all the happy people go?

 

…It’s not that easy to say nice things to yourself.

 

Back to the horny-backed toads.

 

…You’ve got a friend in me.

 

…I’m right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment