Friday, April 14, 2023


—I LIKE SIGNS THAT DON’T KNOW WHERE THEY’RE GOING

 

 

…I’ve never watched my hands this much. It’s like staring into a vortex.

 

…“I’m always here for you,” may sound trite, but it’s still awfully nice to hear.

 

…Almost always it’s the simple things, not the grand ones, which usually end up being the best.

 

…This day…

 

…It's easy to feel like a train wreck when you actually are one.  

 

Reasons for living never come cheap.

 

…Seems like there are two choices at this point: Get old and embrace it, or; Don’t, and be horrified.

 

…I’ve never seen a dog, even an ugly one, that didn’t make me happy. Same with a baby or toddler.

 

…It’s tough being nine-years-old when you’re trapped in a sixty-two-year-old body and brain.

 

…What does it mean when your fingernails become striated? Oh, yeah, that.

 

…I wonder what Jesus is up to today. 

 

…Sometimes negative space tells you all you need to know.

 

…Sometimes having friends who know enough, and are kind enough, to look away while you’re spilling all over yourself, says everything.

 

Show don’t tell is always the correct route.

 

…My aim is to pray more. So far, I’ve got some work to do, but I’m getting there.

 

…I’m pretty sure I miss certain people more than they miss me. And that’s okay.

 

…I wonder if there’s an app that’s just kids belly-laughing. That’d be nice to hear about now. 

 

…Things (and such) that I’m not a fan of—yardwork, automotive stuff, hunting or anything to do with guns, cottage cheese, Putin, tomatoes, men telling women what they can or can’t do with their bodies, math, computer problems, Satan.

 

…The lake looks like a headstone right now, but without an inscription. And still it’s beautiful, pristine even. 

 

I wish I had a river I could sail away on.

 

…Friday used to mean something totally different. Monday, too.

 

…Whoever said, “High School never ends,” was very astute.

 

…Being able to share your ugliness with someone requires a lot of bravery on your part, and trust on the part of the person receiving it. That shouldn’t be such a hard thing, yet it is, it is, it is. 

 

…My fifth-grade teacher, Mrs. Marshall, was sort of a MILF back in the day, with gray-streaked, long black hair. But she could be mean. Once she slapped me. Another time she threw a chalkboard eraser that smacked me in the face. This all happened in front our entire class. I remember those moments vividly, though I can’t, for the life of me, recall what I did to deserve them.

 

…One of the best things that came of the pandemic was John Krasinski’s show SomeGoodNews, which was a feature that only reported happy happenings. I loved it. He eventually sold the concept to some studio, got ostracized for doing so, but where the hell is that show now? I could use SomeGoodNews. I think we all could.  

 

...My fingers keep divining, though they’ve never asked for permission to do so.

 

Ain’t too proud to beg

 

...What I don’t have an answer for, no matter who asks it, is, “So what is it that makes you so anxious?”

 

…If Lucy was here...

 

…My watch is awfully bossy, but sometimes I like being a knocked around a bit. 

 

…I might sound shaky, but I’m doing okay, and okay is kind of close to good, right?

 

…“Tag, you’re It,” said no one over twelve. Tag, you’re It.

No comments:

Post a Comment