Monday, June 27, 2022

 

—WHATEVER IT IS, IT’LL KEEP ‘TIL THE MORNING 

  

…Self-esteem, man, that’s a really tough nut to crack.

 

…So, hey, I guess I’m a little bit older now. Who knew? But I’m also more grateful. And I’m not quite dead yet. So, there’s that, too. Yay.

 

…Jerk. Jerked. From one extreme to another. Just like global warming. Or Jekyll and Hyde. What to do with all that?

 

…All politics aside, don’t you think Joe could use a fucking break?

 

…If I’m not careful, my office is going to reach up and swallow me whole like those plants in The Ruins by Joe Hill.

 

…But my office is going to be golden when I’m done with it. I swear. When I’m done with it. When I’m done with it. When I’m done with it.

 

…Yesterday, like a lot of days, I woke up while most of the world was still sleeping. There was abundant sunshine all around, but it seemed like a waste of sun, since everyone else was sleeping but me.

 

…I’ve had some funky dreams of late. One, in which my four-year-old nephew totally cussed me out, and another where I was in a restroom, using the urinal, when Putin walked in.

 

…I should probably shave one of these days, or else I’ll end up looking like Santa Claus in summer.

 

…Cold sores are manifested stress. Everything feels, and weighs, twenty times more than it actually does.

 

…It’s really easy to forget we’re all human. We read the books, see the films, but it’s never really like that at all.

 

…I think the biggest things about being friendships are intentionality and really wanting to be in it.

 

…The second cutest dog, in the history of dogs, is living five yards from my office, and I’m aiming to kidnap her. Her name is Izzy. Or her name was that.

 

…In the words of Justin Bieber, “Never say never.” For instance, I never thought…well, that so many fucking things would happen, or that this road would go this way, instead of that.

 

…One of my best friends told me she was “overbearing” yesterday. It made me smile because she is the least overbearing person I know. I have some really great friends. 

 

…Everyone has their own feelings and thoughts about the Roe vs. Wade overrule, but I just can’t wrap my head around the government telling a woman what she can, or can’t, do with her body. They certainly don’t legislate what a man does with his penis.

 

There’s got to be a morning after

 

…Sometimes the hardest part is just figuring out what you want.

 

…I wish I didn’t hate throwing up so much. I’d be a lot thinner, otherwise.

 

…“Show don’t tell.” I’ve failed in that regard a number of times, and I’m not proud of it, whatsoever.

 

...I shed a lot of tears yesterday. It’s so different to cry when it’s because of joy. 

 

…The spiders are hanging on the window again, which must mean it’s summer, or some kind of symbolism meant to torment me.

 

…Even the simple things become rough…

 

…Where I live, people really like their fireworks. I mean like REALLY like them. One-off bombs have been booming all week, and every time they do, they make me jump. I’m like a new pup and don’t favor loud noises.

Is it really independence you’re celebrating, or something else?

 

…Nothing but a needy flirt. Sure, if you say so, but look at me now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment