Monday, March 1, 2021

 


 —JUST TO DWELL, DWELL, DWELL HERE FOREVER

 

 

Kiss Me A Lot

 

Kiss me a lot.

Kiss my eyelids, my sorrow, my loneliness.

Kiss my bleeding knuckles and broken joints.

Kiss the nape of my neck wetly, sloppily, like a hungry hound, and use a long swipe.

Kiss my fears and bite my lower lip a little when you kiss me next.

Kiss me feather-soft or Brillo pad-rough whenever you feel like it, or when I’m least expecting it.

Kiss my nine-year-old self on the head, and kiss all of the poems I’ve written about me kissing you.

Kiss me under a waterfall, under a bridge, under the covers with your breath lava-hot and your eyes burnt into the back of your skull.

Kiss me the way Jessa and Marnie kissed that time on the rug.

Kiss me a lot.

Kiss me when I’m moody or blue, when I don’t feel like kissing even one little bit.

Kiss me in the shower, yank my wet hair and peel me like a banana, making me nothing but fruit and pulp.

Kiss me with all of your bitterness, all your resentment.

Kiss me when I’m writing, when it annoys the hell out of me to be kissed because I’ve lost my train-of-thought and now that piece is never going to be finished.

Kiss me with your morning breath and blow me full of adventure and daring.

Kiss me with a sugar-doughnut tongue and your eyes closed for days.

Kiss me a lot.

Kiss me in a new way, upside down, or give me an Eskimo kiss when your nose is runny.

Kiss me until I can’t breathe anymore, until I no longer want to.

Kiss me in the bathtub with our skins rubbing cheek-to-cheek, as rubbery as baby seals.

Kiss me in public, in a crowded elevator, in front of your dad, in front of your ex.

Kiss me like you really mean it.

Kiss me like it’s the last time you’ll ever kiss me.

Kiss me with your hands down my pants, grabbing my ass as if you think it might somehow run away.

Kiss me while I’m sleeping, then rearrange my dreams.

Kiss me, and then masturbate later on your lunch break, even if it’s risky, even if it's in a public place.

Kiss me a lot.

Kiss me with a mouth full of Cabernet and splash some on my tongue while we both watch it drip and spill, drip and spill.

Kiss me like I’ve written all my sins across your face and yet you somehow still forgive and love me.

Kiss me savagely, in a way that lets me know you want to strip off your clothes and have hot monkey sex right then and there.

Kiss my future self in a way that lets him know it’ll all be okay, that everything will be.

Kiss me when we’re both naked and staring at us kissing next to a full-length mirror.

Kiss me good night, good morning.

Kiss me first thing, day thing, last thing.

Kiss some sense into me.

Kiss some optimism into me.

Kiss my demons goodbye.

Just kiss me, please?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment