Wednesday, February 28, 2024


—THERE’S MILLIONS OF PEOPLE, TO OFFER ADVICE AND SAY WHO I SHOULD BE

 

 

…All I had is what I gave.

 

…Your toes are perfect.


…Anymore I don’t recognize my feet at all. Fred Flintstone might have had these. In any event (an expression I loath), uglier feet have never been seen. Nope.

 

…This whole thing mostly seemed like a disaster, which probably meant we were supposed to be together all along.

 

…I’m just saying that luck, and timing, are usually everything when it comes to being alive.


...Even if I don't totally understand it, I appreciate it.

 

…I can’t believe I’m writing all of this with a pen in my hand. Yay, for miracles. If this is you, God, thank you. 


…The ocean is such a wonder in so many ways. How does a person even describe it?

 It may be the most beautiful thing on the planet.

 

…I’ve yet to figure out the logic behind a “Tramp Stamp,” though I’ve certainly seen my fair share of those, of late.

 

…When you finally decide to suspend disbelief, that’s when you know you’re onto something that is, or should be, taken notice of.

 

…I guess I’m better at small talk than I think. I did it for two hours, remembered everything he said, and didn’t even blink once.

 

…No, you’re not that patient, thank God.

 

…When you grow up poor, even if you’re not now, in your head, you think you still are, which is probably a good thing.

 

…I have a lot of opinions, God knows, but not that many answers.

 

…I have a lot of opinions, but as to who the most terrible person is in this country, I will not concede my stance. Not for a second.

 

…I wonder how many Pulitzer novels are just sitting there in a computer file, or a Manilla envelope, unpublished.

 

…It really doesn’t take a hell of a lot to smile, say, “Hi. How are you? Who are you?”

 

…Some of the finest people I know don’t even speak the same language as me.

 

…Aren’t immigrants just people, too?

 

…God, help us next year. We really need your blessing or covering or whatever you want to call it. Me, I’m scared shitless.

 

…It’s in the morning when I’m blow-drying my hair that I see the boy in me, but I never get sad then, for some reason.

 

Don’t have to say, Good night, if you never wake up.

 

…I know I so often sound sad here, but I’m not always that way. It’s just sort of my go-to for some reason. Most days I recognize the joy all around me, me and my profound privilege.

 

…Do you ever wonder if your friend circle mirrors your personality? Wouldn’t that make sense?

 

…I’m not talking to you. I’m talking to that other guy on the subway who can’t seem to hold his chin up.

 

…When you ask your 16-year-old nephew, who is like your second son, “What group or who would you most like to see?” and he says, “Stevie Wonder,” well, you know that kid is different, is something speial. 

 

…I wonder if people have forgot about George Floyd already, the way the NFL forgets about Domestic Violence once a player takes a knee during the Anthem so they then trot out all of these veterans before every game.

 

Do you ever wonder what we might have been?

 

…I haven’t seen a butterfly in months, and that’s kind of sad.

 

…Call it whatever you want, but you have to at least call it real.

 

…So much wasted time.

 

…I often wonder how many people say, “If only I’d become (the thing I was always going to become), things would be different?”

 

…Do you kill the angry ant or the hornet constantly buzzing on your arm, or do you just let it be?

 

…When you’re unsure, tip your head this way.

 

…I only feel dumb when I’m alive.

 

…You hit a kid at a certain time, and enough times, and he might not ever forget it, even when he's an old man.

 

…Everybody hurts sometimes. Everybody hurts someday.

 

…The thing you do is you just start writing and don’t care if it’s awful at first.

 

…The story of my life is going to be a good one, I’m pretty sure.

 

…I swam almost 20 laps today with (unwisely) my eyes open in the chlorinated pool. My eyes burned like fuck afterward, but I’m pretty sure I saw Bud the Beaver and The Loch Ness Monster, dolphins and sea turtles.

 

…“We live in a world where it is more dramatic to lose your phone than your virginity." Megan Fox

 

Fucking Kuntz and Leatham are like

No comments:

Post a Comment