Wednesday, September 7, 2022


—BAD HABIT I KNOW, BUT CAN YOU HELP ME OUT?

   

...Hate to say that I’m lonely. Hate to say that I miss you. Hate to say that it’s dark in here, but it’s true.

 

…A crane stopped by on the dock, two days in a row. It was still and lithe, almost a living poem, and it felt like it meant something symbolically, though I can’t say what.

 

…“Hope really is a most depressing expectation.” Foster Trecost

 

…“Pain is only bearable if we know it will end, not if we deny it exists.” Viktor Frankyl

 

…But the sea

which no one tends

is also a garden”

― William Carlos Williams

 

…Unconditional love, and enabling, seem like they are close cousins, and that’s a very thin line to walk.

 

…“Poetry is a way of mind; the exploration of a tunnel, where blind albino fish seem to float in nostalgic pools of unremembered memory.”-Russell Edson

 

…“You know what that means, right?”

 

…Ever feel like you need to course-correct? Like, big-time?

 

"They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Charlie Parker

 

…Sometimes two hours feels like a whole day. And sometimes it's two minutes.

 

…It just hit me, like really hit me, the other day, that I could die in an instant.

 

…I couldn’t sleep, so I turned us into art.

 

…If it’s possible to over-care, I’m your guy. I’ll wear your agony for months and years, until it disappears.

 

…“I’m most myself when I’m learning.” Ocean Vuong

 

…“Most things will be okay eventually, but not everything will be. Sometimes you’ll put up a good fight and lose. Sometimes you’ll hold on really hard and realize there is no choice but to let go.” Cheryl Strayed

 

 There goes my heart beating, because you are the reason, I’m losing, sleep. Please come back now.

 

…My exoskeleton wants a divorce, and I don’t blame it one bit.

 

…In another life and time… 

 

…I really envy people who can just turn it off. What a gift. Cherish it.

 

…You always said I’d come back to you, again, everybody needs a friend, and it’s true, someone to quiet all the voices in my head.
 

…Sometimes a mini-concert in your office is just the trick. Other times it can be soul-crushing.

 

…It’s stupid to sleep two hours and think that’s okay, same as it is to eat one meal a day, and yet I do both often.

 

…I’ve tried Twitter one, two, eight, nine times now, but I am not clever enough for it, plus I could never post about what I had for dinner. 

 

.…Been one of those day when I don’t want to come out.

 

“Love at every level is deeply important to my identity. How’s that for dodging the question? Alexandra Grant

 

…Who knew Picasso was left-handed, or Lady Gaga, or Garfield?

 

…"We mourn the broken things, chair legs

wrenched from their seats, chipped plates,

the threadbare clothes. We work the magic

of glue, drive the nails, mend the holes.

We save what we can, melt small pieces

of soap, gather fallen pecans, keep neck bones

for soup." - Natasha Trethewey

No comments:

Post a Comment